Wednesday 28 March 2018

Jesus Died for Me

Hanging on a tree
Jesus died for me
So I could be free
To live eternally.

Sweet Jesus, if you don't mind
I care not for your kind
Who would damn most of mankind
To a Hell whose depths defy the human mind.

Gentle Jesus, I no longer wish to number
amongst them that are saved
But shall  remain  with the depraved
And live out my days in sinful slumber.

Having dinner with sinners
Breaking bread with the broken
Making friends with the condemned
And forging bonds with the forsaken.

Like you did.

You cursed the elect
Those pains in the neck
And affronted the powerful, the great and the good
You rejected the in-crowd, the up-themselves, the oh so-proud
And for that, yes just for that,
They hung you on a cross of wood.

Hanging on a tree
Jesus died for me
So that I could learn be
A revolutionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment